Re: New Nikon D5000

PhotoRoy6@xxxxxxx:

Doesn't the D90 have multiple exposures? I was told that the D300 and the
D90 both had multiple exposure but I looked at the Nikon web site (US) and
it doesn't say if theses camera can do multiple exposure. The D5000 also
doesn't  say it does. I'm on a very slow connection so I haven't downloaded
the
brochures  which might give more info but might try it later today when I
got an hour to  spare on the computer.

Multiple exposure capabilities are more a gimmick idea on digital cameras
given that post processing software can allow images to be overlaid with a
minimum of effort and a lot more control than film allowed, so I wouldn't
rate this highly on my list of needs for a camera.

and to be honest, neither would I rate facial recognition either

An interesting question I saw posted elsewhere - have there been any
migrations from SLRcameras to point and shoots in the last X number of
years?  the observation was made that since and including the advent of
autofocus, almost every new addition to cameras has gone from point and
shoots back into the SLR range to make them easier for non-photographers to
use..

karl