Re: What Portrait lens

My comment was meant to be sort of a heads up about macro lenses and portraits.  I was trying to point out that macro lenses can faithfully reproduce every blemish that may be not very obvious to the naked eye.  A lot of portrait subjects will not be real happy about that.

Yes, you can fake the softness with software, or as we did in the film days, by stretching the fabric from pantyhose across the front of the lens.

Bob