Re: Curious - PF gallery origins ..

Trevor,

I don't remember. Photo-L had a brief presence in the photo galleries arena
(if I remember correctly) but I can not recall others specifically but I
myself was just getting started with the web and so was not aware of many
other such opportunities. I would be willing to bet there were a few in
operation by 1996.

andy

Trevor Cunningham wrote:

Thank you, Andy...you know any of the history about online galleries for photo communities in the two years prior?

ADavidhazy wrote:

as stated at the top of the PhotoForum gallery page:

    updated with new work weekly since 1996