Re: Browser and site names

I changed my long website name from

then I found out that if I type it in as  www.tinyurl.com/bms7og it worked also. I decided that the www would be easier for most people to use and so decided I would put it on my business cards.

next I typed into my browser just tinyurl.com/bms7og and it still found the web site.

then I type in just  "sony.com" and I got the Sony website.

My question is does the www address work on all browsers? does the address without an http:// and www. work on all web browser? Now I tried it on the web browser within AOL, the web browser outside of AOL but with the AOL name on it and the web browser with the AT&T name on it and the all work in the same way. Now the AOL web browser outside of the AOL program and the AT&T web browser are just Microsoft Internet browsers with the name and menu bars added to them. What about the other browser?

Roy