Re: Leaf shutter on DSLR, why?

19 mar 2009 kl. 01.46 skrev ADavidhazy:
Now I am trying to think of other applications for a DSLR avec leaf shutter up
front. Suggestions?  ;)

Well, to get access to electronic flash at high shutter speeds, mainly. If one wants to use fill flash outdoors in sunlight (to raise shadow values) without ND filters, 1/500 sec was (is) often needed, and the FP shutters just couldn´t do it.

Many medium format cameras with FP shutters had special lenses with leaf shutters in them for just this purpose; I owned one for my old Rollei SL66. And Hasselblad allowed the use of C (or CF) lenses on F bodies, so one could choose which shutter to use.

Second-curtain sync, however, was nothing one could get without special equipment.

(C´mon, Andy, you´re trolling us.... Surely you knew all this already?....;-) )

Per Öfverbeck
http://elgfoto.se

"In a world without walls or fences, who needs Windows or Gates"