Re: talk me out of it

From: Herschel

> It's a shot of a man throwing a child up in the air and catching him...
NO-way can I shoot this on the Mamiya. I'll have to shoot on the D3
and -quietly- up-scale it to 25 Megapixels... 2% at a time...I think I'm
going to pass on the D3x until such time as I actually lose a job because
the client says  "Size matters and this is too small"

Herschel, if you're going to upsize - do yourself a big favour and use a
program that has some *good* algorithms that resample well and not
photoshops primitive bicubic, bilinear or nearest neighbour

http://www.creativepro.com/article/photoshop-tips-increasing-image-resoluti
on-make-large-prints page offers this pdf:
http://www.creativepro.com/files/story_images/101504_PSimageres.pdf which
suggests other programs including the one I'd suggest, (here I go again) -
Irfanview - only applicable if you're a windows user or have some emulator
running.

and as with any Irfanview operation you can automate a batch process
that'll allow you to upsample all the images in one hit without even
opening the program

Upsampling and sharpening is generally easier to do than downsampling with
regular patterns in an image but that's another story..