Re: traveling with expensive camera kit

Hi Andrew,

I use to travel around the world with photo gear.
You can see the country list here:  http://pinimage.com/Countries.htm
I visited some countries more than once.
My approach is that a camera is a tool I have to use.  I bought it for this.
So, I have to take the risks. ( Trevor counted them one by one )
And... my photo bag was stolen in Portugal. ( I still cry about my EF 16-35 f2.8 L lens).
As conclusion of this event, I stopped paying insurance as they don't pay you when you need them.
I bought a f4 instead of the f2.8 I had because it is half price and half pain if stolen.
After Portugal I went to Georgia. I had a new EOS 5D and I was warn about robbers in Georgia.
It was a big indecision to take or not to take... finally I took it faithful to the above.

Pini