Re: traveling with expensive camera kit

Funny, I also bought the D-Lux 4 shortly before leaving for China last month. That, together with the Epson P5000 and a big Nikon with 3 lenses was my travel kit for a month. I ended up taking about 2800 images with the Leica and 500 with the Nikon. So be forewarned: a really good P&S will induce you to leave the dSLR behind more often than you would expect.

If someone is interested in how the earthquake recovery in western China is coming along, here is a link to a an annotated gallery - all files taken with the D-Lux 4 (I had the Nikon with me, but never felt the need to pull it out)
http://hahn.zenfolio.com/p732824044
Thomas