Re: ceiling mounted light rails?

Hi Lea,

Yes I do have experience with them and they are really a bigger PITA unless you have a camera room that is dedicated to a few lighting styles, and very few
changes in the basic lighting style. Although they are handy for some types of shooting (read commercial) where you will use a repeated formula for lighting a subject. For kids and
portraits, family groups they can be pretty limiting in the application. It has been quite some time since I have used them and they were made by Bogan, but I prefer a good C stand with a boom instead.

Cheers

Les