Re: Speaking of stereo...

Alan writes:

David,

..
Anybody get those amber/blue glasses for TV? they are supposed to be
color 3-D unlike red/blue which is monochrome. What if I scan the
glasses and then in PS select the colors for an overlay?

that would be a good test of your colour clibration system :)

David:

> I can never get them to resolve into one image at all; I get a narrow
> strip in the middle that's from both images, but much wider flaps on each
> side that are individual.  Which direction head tilt are you suggest?

sit as far back as you need David until they resolve into a single image.  the further back, the less 'crossing' you'll need to do.  When the image does resolve you'll find it quite easy to move forward as your eyes will relax once they see something they feel comfortable seeing

Crossing your eyes a small amount isnt difficult - it's what we do when we look at things close up*, but it's a weird thing to do when you're at distance and your eyes wont like it!

*..and always looks *really* wrong in movies when the lead actually looks at his love interest up close rather than looking through her - he might look fine to her, but he looks crosseyed to us!