Hello; could I get recommend. on a digital camera/scanner/software/printer/website designers, hosters, platforms?

Hello! I'm starting a freelance writing/photography business as well as websites and will be acquiring some equipment!

Am looking for recommendations on brands/models! Budget is of course a concern; so economical solutions are appreciated. I'm looking for the perspective of those who work with equipment day in and day out; it's invaluable. Thanks in advance; I hope that answers to these questions will help others as well.

1. Digital camera: with a wide angle and probably a zoom (to 300 or so, or more, if I can get it) with at least 10 megapixels if possible; premium lens quality; minimal delay. Flash and image-stabilization. Need streeet-shooting/photojournalism capability. I prefer the horizontal split screen focusing system of the old Nikons; don't know whether it's possible to find this in newer digitals. Will be submitting images for stock as well.

Most imp. is ability to transfer images back and forth to computer (recent Macbook) w/ease. Also -- and I don't know if this is possible -- I'd like a camera that copyright credits the image automatically so that one doesn't have to go in separately, as I will be loading many images onto my websites.

2. Photoshop or other editing software. Digital ice or similar should be included.

I have a recent MacBook (4 mos. old), as well as an older PC w/XP. Use Macbook the most. Are any Mac preloaded photoshop-like editing programs as good as Photoshop? Is Creative Suite or more advanced necessary? Are there free website downloads of previous versions almost as good as the current?

I'll be editing photos for inclusion on my websites, as well as to send with stories I write for other publications. I will also be doing some fine art photography shows. The editing software should be compatible w/either Mac or Pc (I'll be working on Mac, but will be sending to many people who only have PC's).

3. Scanner. I have many slides/negatives that I need to be able to scan quickly -- with a fair amount on the screen or slide tray at once -- and with the least possible bother re dust, lining things up correctly in slide trays, etc. If the scanner also scans quickly and can be used in the non-photo context, that's also great. Should work well w/macs or pc's.

4. a printer. Something economical re color cartridge replacement; large format capability.

5. For the freelance portion of the business, I'll need a basic printer/copier/scanner combo that scans quickly or scans many pgs @ once -- this is for basic office stuff.

6. Website design/hosting/domain names. For the websites I will be establishing, the look is important; all the great photographers on this list probably know of some sophisticated designers as well as inexpensive hosters. The site will need membership capability for a large membership list. Recommendations on platform also would be great: for instance, Word Press or other? I will be doing all updates and adding new photos often; imp that they are easily incorporated w/ layout/text.

7. Other Suggestions?

Thank you much!!!! Again, I hope that responses help others as well.

Karen T. (206) 654-3445; msg ph; I can call u back, if u wish, or give u my cell #. A