Re: Question for lea - was good lens gone bad?

Thanks....

I still have to decide if I want the full frame, I'm leaning that way.  I wanted an opinion from a real independent user

Since the 20D is still a good camera I'm really hoping to get a newer body as we plan to do a lot of traveling and the 20D will be the backup body.

And like you, changing systems is not an option since I have L glass.

Thanks again and thanks to everybody that responded.

Bob

lea murphy wrote:
Definitely the video is a big deal but it's not the only big deal about the 5DM2.

I can't compare it to the 50D because I've only got a 5D.

Here's what I like about the M2:

21.5 million pixels: the clarity is amazing
ISO to 6400: and it's really useable
Much improved menu system: much easier, clearer to navigate
Automatic sensor cleaner: does a good job
Full frame: need I say more?

The M2 may be overkill for some people and indeed, I use mine as my carryaround camera because it would be overkill for my studio work with babies.

What prompted me to buy was that I wanted the newer body, the greater number of pixels and I won't ever go back to anything less than full frame.

I hope this is of some help to you.

Lea

life is short. photograph it.