Eyes - was Eye vs. Camera Lens

Roger E.,

Thanks for the useful URL.  Eyes have evolved in different creatures and
in many ways dozens of times over the aeon's. They evolve to a point
that is adequate for the particular organism. Most creatures require
only a vague sense of luminance change or movement to get along in their
world. Others like ourselves and the octopus have excellent, though
differently evolved eye structures. I wonder if cepaholopds process what
they see as we do? Do they have a life of the mind? Wonder how they
would respond to photographs?  Or do they have other ways to octopi
their time?

http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/O/octopus_eye.html

The reason we manage to get by with very compromised vision (as we have
seen in the present topic thread) is that our brain has to toss out most
of the data the eye captures just to keep up. Film doesn't miss a thing.

Check this out:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2008/dec/22/diy-adjustable-glasses-josh-silver

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/discoblog/2009/01/05/cheap-liquid-glasses-bring-clear-vision-to-the-poor/

AZ