Gallery Comments

All,

Below are a few thoughts on this week's gallery.

<SNIP>
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated JAN 10, 2009. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

             Greg Fraser - New Year

This is not an image I'd make but love the composition and the use of similar shapes. I'll bet it was quite a party.

             Lea Murphy - Rachel and Josh were here

I have to admit I remember doing things like this with old typrewriters when I was a kid. I like the image and the use of the white background. I also like the higher contrast and shallow depth-of-field.

             Emily Ferguson - Entering a lock on the Erie Canal

An unusual image in that you usually see much larger ships in images of the canal. A very nice image.
             Alan Zinn - Don't think of elephants

This is a nicely made photograph of an unfortunate, at least the way it looks, scene. I'll bet they do not treat the animals like this any more.

             Andrew Davidhazy - Portrait

This is a cool technique that you developed. This is a particularly interesting use. An interesting use of the negative part of the Poloroid material.

<SNIP>

Mark Harris
gsphotoguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx