Re: The Circus- Behind the Show

or the other threat they may be thinking of is that you could zoom in to a particular animal with great detail to document potential abuse.

The whole thing reminds me of Irish Step Dance competitions: you are not allowed to shoot videos (presumably to prevent trade secrets from going to the competition), but still cameras are "ok" -- how they gonna enforce that these days with pretty much every digital camera capable of videos?

-----Original Message-----
From: Gregory Fraser [mailto:Gregory.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, January 7, 2009 04:00 PM
To: 'List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students'
Subject: RE: The Circus- Behind the Show

That is the irony of the situation. The lens I had was an old, eBay $10 manual focus Tamron 80-200 zoom attached via adapter ring to my Rebel Xt. I was a genuine threat to any pro shooters there. I suspect they didn't want pros taking photos and their pro criteria is a 'long' lens even when its on a cheap camera. By the way in case anyone goes to an event at the John Labatt Center in London Ontario, bring a short lens.