From: David Dyer-Bennet [mailto:dd-b@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, January 5, 2009 01:32 PM
To: 'List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students'
Subject: Re: Olympus DSLR

On Mon, January 5, 2009 11:57, editor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote: > A full-frame Canon or Nikon 70-200mm zoom film lens is identical in size > to its digital counterpart. I'm not aware of any "DX" or "EF-S" 70-200 zooms in the first place; they all cover the full frame. > The digital lens will undoubably cost more: it is newer and likely will > have Auto focus and Image Stabilization. > > An APS-C-specific lens *WILL* be smaller, with the emphasis on it being > designed for the smaller sensor. > There is nothing "digital" about smaller lenses -- the size of the sensor > will dictate the size of the glass. I listed a couple of areas in my previous message where lens designers are doing this differently for digital sensors. -- David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b@xxxxxxxx; http://dd-b.net/ Snapshots: http://dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/data/ Photos: http://dd-b.net/photography/gallery/ Dragaera: http://dragaera.info