From: Formyrotts@xxxxxxx [mailto:Formyrotts@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, January 5, 2009 12:29 PM
To: 'List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students'
Subject: question about light

I am on another list for genealogy.  It seems that when scanning documents the time involved is a lot longer then using a camera (um-hum).  Anyhow, a woman took photos of the same documents and found out she could get the same if not better quality in a shorter amont of time.

The question arose at some places that a flash was not allowed due to damage done
to the documents.  Can anyone tell me (curious) why it would not be alright to use a flash but it's perfectly okay to scan a document?  It seems I've noticed super bright light over a longer period then a flash takes, when a scanner runs it's course.  I'm just curious about it.  Thanks, Linda B.