Re: Obama's Photographer(s)

Yes, he is naturally photogenic. I find it really difficult to not smile back at someone with a smile like that. This effect was especially evident after the second debate, when a group of 85 theoretically uncommitted voters attended. After the conclusion of the debate and all the waving and stuff, his wife came out and he ran to her with his arms out and his big smile. If you look at the photo of them embracing, you will see that nearly all of the "uncommitted" voters were smiling sympathetically. Then, after 45 minutes of shake and greet, there is a group photo of 3/4 of the "uncommitted" voters. Obama is in the middle of the group, not on the front row, not particularly sticking out. But every single person is grinning as is he.

But he does scowl and frown, and there are bad angles. Straight on, for instance, is a terrible angle, especially if it's from a little webcam in or on top of a computer. Just check out his weekly Saturday morning reports if you want to see that angle.

http://thisweekwithbarackobama.blogspot.com/2008/12/barack-obamas-weekly-radio-address.html

However, Callie is a very talented photographer who had extraordinary access. Being affiliated with Time Magazine can do that for you.

My favorite photo from her is the one of him doing a chin-up. Possibly my second favorite is him taking a photo of her a few moments later.

Those who get interested in the way the press reports news in the US might wish to visit this great blog:

http://bagnewsnotes.typepad.com/bagnews/ It has been a most interesting place to hang out throughout this election.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx