Re: Can someone translate for me?

Thank you, Herschel. I appreciate your help. I wasn't too far off with my interpretation, but it makes me feel better to "hear" it from you.

Marilyn
----- Original Message ----- From: "Herschel" <herschel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 7:38 PM
Subject: Re: Can someone translate for me?

Basically you need an image at between 220 and 266DPI (Plus the dreaded Q factor) so make that 300 DPI at the size of the cover... So for a letter size magazine, 8.5 x 11 in, you need an image around 2600 by 3300 (8 mega-pixels)

The paper weight and surface data make no difference to you.
Herschel

Marilyn Dalrymple wrote:

I have been asked to photograph a client for a magazine cover. The specifications include, but are not limited to, the following. Can someone translate the following for me, please?

Marilyn

Web offset: High Resolution 2400 dpi, 110 minimum /133 maximum line screen, 80# cover, 45# gloss.