Re: Montior Replacement??

You have a ten year old CRT monitor with a dead HV section.  Repairing will cost $$$$$, if parts are available.  There will be no guarantee that something else will not die, like maybe the CRT, after the HV is repaired.  Then you might have a good HV section but still a dead monitor.

I would suggest that you look at TigerDirect or NewEgg.  If you're out west look at Fry's......  (Wish they were in Ohio)

Bob

wpettit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
The high voltage section (flyback transformer) in 21" Nokia Multigraph monitor died. While it can be repaired, the cost of repair will be about the same as a mid-line LCD monitor.  Should I bite the bullet and get the 10 year old repaired, or get a LCD unit?

Bill

--

                           /////
                          ( O O )