Re: Vuescan or Silver fast??

I should have mentioned that I recently tried both Vuescan and SilverFast. I opted for Vuescan as the better bargain and a very good performer. I tested its IR cleaning against Nikon Scan 4 and think it does just as well. Of course, that may be mostly in the machine, I don't know. I think you will get a lot raves for Vuescan from this list.
Don

Mark Blackwell wrote:
Anyone used either or both??  I downloaded the vuescan trial and it seems to work ok, but the IR cleaning seems to be different than the SF.  I didn't see a cost on SF but that probably means its very expensive.  Vuescan wasn't that bad and looks like it will work with an old flat bed too.

Would appreciate the input.

Mark