Re: Something I wonder if anyone else is considering

David

I am a bit like you to an extent.  I have some old medium format gear I rarely use.  I have an old 4x5 rail that I don't use much. Most of the time I use either 35mm or my old 6mp dslr.  Why?  The flexibility and freedom of movement.

Now I have a 30x40 on the wall made from a 6mp.  Even at a close viewing distance it looks ok, but in the small detail if you put your nose right up to the frame it is beginning to break down just a bit.

I haven't done as much with the newer films.  The biggest problem I had with scanning is what I thought was grain was really noise.  Noise Ninja went a long way to helping that and really haven't tested the limits of the old scan Elite 5400 with it.  I also got so aggravated at the Dimage software with its quirks that it made it want to send it to the bottom of a lake.  I am interested to see how vue scan works.