Re: Something I wonder if anyone else is considering

You know, I have to wonder about something, Mark... Maybe you're the guy who can answer this for me. I wonder why it is that photographers CAN'T use a digital camera for longer than a year or two? Why is it that we feel we have to have mind-crushing amounts of maga-pixels when a 6mp camera will produce excellent results for most print work? Why is it that we have to have THE latest gear? I'm not fussing at you, just kind of wondering out loud here. I have a D100 and a few D200's and I am perfectly content to use them and WILL use them for several more years. My clients are happy with the images they receive and quite honestly, I just don't see a need to upgrade to a D3x when what I have does the job and does it very, very well.

Just remember too that if you DO go back to film that the "digital" image you get from your scanner and the digital image generated within a camera are two very different beasts. Good luck with this and let us know what you've decided.