Re: Comments on 12-6-08 Gallery

In a message dated 12/6/2008 5:58:20 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, gsphotoguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>Roy H. Miller: I like the concept. I feel the fill from the flash needs to be slightly less. You are also >too close to a squared on shot but are slightly off. A different angle and less flash might have made >this better.
I was shooting a borrowed digital camera and the flash is built in. The exposure was flash with only the bright sun in the bottom of the window breaking thru. The flash hot spot was in the upper left part of the frame and I filled in a sort of sloppy manner in Photoshop. If I thought this was a sellable photo I could do a drop shadow technique effect and kill the flash exposure feel of the picture.

I think this shows the difference between old style photography where one fill the frame with just the subject to get maximum detail. If I had pulled the lens back to 18mm the flash would have fallen outside of the desired image area (assuming the built in flash covered the 18mm wide angle) and then it would be easy to crop it out. The reason I didn't shoot at an angle as I wanted the items to inside the depth of field. I wish I still had the camera so I could experiment.
Roy