Re: question about a photographer

Guys,

The accepted date for the invention of photography is 1839. Daguerre and
Talbot worked out complete, but different processes for making permanent
images. Indeed Niepce made an image (1827?) but didn't have the complete
process figured out. There were a number of experimenters going back to
17th C. who were able to make contact prints. In any event, it is
possible (though unlikely) that a group of small engravings of the
composers were contact printed on sensitized material to make the
illustration in question. Wedgewood for example used a photogram-like
technique to duplicate drawings.

AZ

Build a 120/35mm Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book.