Re: PF members exhibit on 11/15/08

At 9:42 AM -0500 11/15/08, ADavidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated NOV 15, 2008. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

              Trevor Cunningham - gili trawangan

Very beautiful, lucky the day was so good, I like your crop.

              Jim Snarski - Young Hawk

terribly effective camoflage there. I think the image is a little overexposed here on my monitor. They have such untrustable eyes!

              Rene M Hales - Greenway Tree & Grass

I love the layers of color, and the softness has a very nice spirit. The composition seems to me to be inevitable.

              Emily L. Ferguson - cow or horse hair

There were both cows and horses in the neighborhood (urp). The moment sympathized with an earlier life for me, when I spun animal hair into yarn for pleasure and sale.

              Christopher Strevens - Lunch Break at the Factory

Chris uses the mirror image of Rene's comosition it and it's also very effective. The color palette is very strong as well. This image is very pleasing to me.

              Guy Glorieux - In the city

What fun, all those different light sources! Did you filter or just correct in Photoshop? I like the way you succeeded with all the horizontals, too.

              J Michael Sullivan - La Alhambra (4715)

My father had a love affair with this building. Were your crop positions deliberate? You did an excellent job of getting light into the arcade while keeping the stucco from burning out, too. I'm not sure I would have kept quite that much of the left side.

              Rob Miracle - Caught in the Act

Needs crossed eyes. Great light on the left eye, might have been good to put a little dribble of blood on her neck. Beautiful Goth skin clarity. There is something not quite predatory enough about the image.

Thanks to all, as always. I really enjoy the gallery every week but sometimes I just can't organize myself to drop my thoughts here.

Remember to make your contribution.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx