Re: PF members exhibit on 11/15/08

2008/11/15 ADavidhazy <andpph@xxxxxxx>
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated NOV 15, 2008. Authors
with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

             Trevor Cunningham - gili trawangan
Trevor,  I'm not sure I understand the picture... -:)   Did the island sink as you were setting up your camera.  Or was it high tide or the Monsoon season?  But I do like this tree in the middle of the ocean.

             Jim Snarski - Young Hawk
In your backyard, did you say.  What wonderful neighbors.  I'm really impressed by the contrast between the depth of his eyes and the juvenile features of head, beak, feathers, etc...    So young but so fierce already...!

             Rene M Hales - Greenway Tree & Grass
Beautiful IR picture, Rene.  The coloring adds a touch of reality to a dream-like image. I'm not familiar enough with palladium to be able to tell how it affects the rendering of the picture.  What is sure is that you started with a very beautiful negative (I like the moving diagonal) and transformed it into a really nice print..

             Emily L. Ferguson - cow or horse hair
Brrr..  These barbed wires are frightening.  The hair cast the figure of a woman's head, with a long curly 1940's-type hair-do, that has been halted abruptly.   Brrrrr.... There a lot in this picture.  Intended?

             Christopher Strevens - Lunch Break at the Factory
A quiet scene.  Lunch breaks in the city are a lot more ektic...

             Guy Glorieux - In the city
The last time I walked by this place, not so long ago, it was just a busy parking lot.  This is how it looks now.  Come back in three months, it will be a rather grand residential building in the heat of the city.  Or will it have been halted half way up by the economic crisis?

             J Michael Sullivan - La Alhambra (4715)
No particular thoughts or comments

             Rob Miracle - Caught in the Act
No particular comments but one question, Rob:  did you shoot this in color and  subsequently turned it monochrome or was it B&W film.  If the first, what process do you use to turn from color to monochrome on the computer?  Did you use Nik's plug-in?

Thanks all and best regards,

Guy

There is 1 photographs (Elizaga) awaiting installation. Your's would be a
most welcome addition! Instructions at:
http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery-sub.html

To participate in this activity send your contributions early and anything
you can do to prepare the photographs so they do not require additional
adjustment would be much appreciated. Especially keeping them near 100Kb in
maximum size. Please take an extra minute to follow this request.

From: Amber and the PF exhibits staff