Re: Grayscale to color conversion question

On Tue, November 11, 2008 02:31, MichaelHughes7A@xxxxxxx wrote:

> howard.leigh111@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> Being  pedantic (it's the teacher in me) the complementary colour pairs
> are....
>
> Primary - complementary:
> red - cyan
> blue -  yellow
> green - magenta
>

> May I ask the pedant for his definition of primary colour please?

Well, any group of colors that form a basis for the space.  They've
documented multiple retinal pigments for at least one color in the human
eye, so people definitely don't see things the same all the time.

(I would agree that one can't meaningfully talk about a primary color in
the singular; only a *set* of them.)

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info