Re: PF member's exhibit on Nov. 01, 2008

At 9:37 AM -0400 11/1/08, ADavidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated NOV 01, 2008. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

           J Michael Sullivan - Detail, Bozeman MT

Makes me want to know why, but by itself the image is a knockout. And I can't imagine any way to incorporate the query into the image itself.

           Michael Hughes - Autumnal walker

What an interesting ecology - steep hills, muddy fields up so high, and so many indicators of depth squashed by your lens (presumably). I do think the walker should have been facing the other way, however. And it's quite a trick to keep the clouds from clotting up in that situation, even if you combine two exposures.

           Alan Zinn - Hoodies

Too much data.  Pose this one the next time and get the ornament sharp too.

           Andrew Brooks - Angelic View

Great choice of time to shoot the image, really good balance of close and far light, good color correction, great sculpting of statuary with reflected city light. What a neat trick to look at the city from up there, but a piece of me wishes the city weren't.

           Christopher Strevens - Barge

Wouldn't that be fun! Interesting structure - the gentleman pointing towards the bow of the barge but it would be kind of nice to see the width of it. It looks very narrow from here and may not be.

          Elson T. Elizaga - A Human Disaster

People are so wierd when they don't know they're being watched!

           Marilyn Dalrymple - Pond in Chinese Garden

I'd like just one thing to be sharp and I'm not sure about the magenta tone. Would have been kinda neat if the bubbles on the leaves had been the sharp part. Interesting - the image thumb on the site was right side up, the image in the expanded page was upside down and the upside down image when slipped off the page was sideways. I wonder how that's possible.

           Emily L. Ferguson - tassels

Corn is green. Corn grows that way up, now the other way. Summer is green too!

Thanks to all as always. If you haven't sent in an image for next week yet, it's getting late.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx