Re: PF member's exhibit on Oct. 25, 2008

At 8:27 PM -0400 10/25/08, ADavidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated OCT 25, 2008. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

           Emily L. Ferguson - Susquehannah high summer

Marilyn's idea to sepia tone this image make turn out to be fruitful.

           Jim Snarski - Autumn Arachnid

Really nice. I like just about everything about it except I think I would have pushed the contrast just enough to get the background a darker and more neutral gray.

           Robert G. Earnest - The Bride

She looks like she's having second thoughts and they're not happy ones! Lots of stress in her body and, although I realize weddings are stress parties, she does not look even ready to be happy.

           Christopher Strevens - All Alone

Great job with the lighting here, and I like the shift of the weight to the left side very much. Public spaces like that have a substantial capacity to make effective images - the floor tiles all leading off to your mom's side and accentuating her aloneness, and the low ceiling accentuating the claustrophobic aspect of being alone. Nice shot.

           Elson T. Elizaga - Children's Party

We call it hot potato, originally the kids passed a freshly baked potato. The weight of the potato certainly would make it easier to pass than a plastic bag which floats when tossed. The kids have a kid-ish cuteness to them, but otherwise they look kind of unfocussed on the game. Very hard to get this sort of situation really effectively.

           Peeter Vissak - Count the legs and divide by 2

Tricky layers of texture there. I am attracted to the concept but the birds blend too well with the shrubbery on the other side to make it work as well as it might.

           Marilyn Dalrymple -

I'm not sure it's level. And the situation just cries out for the umbrellas to be at exactly the same angles. Something Japanese about the setting and the brollies play in to that except for their not being tilted just so.

           Andrew Davidhazy - Gaucho Game

Wild, what people do for a contest. The horse is beautiful, so wild looking. I wish there had been some brightness behind whatever the man was reaching up to do so it became more clear but one can't always have the perfect light in these situations. Did you deliberately go for that depth of field?

There are 0 photographs awaiting installation. Your's would be a most welcome
addition! Instructions at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery-sub.html

To participate in this activity send your contributions early and anything
you can do to prepare the photographs so they do not require additional
adjustment would be much appreciated. Especially keeping them near 100Kb in
maximum size. Please take an extra minute to follow this request.

From: Beulah and the PF exhibits staff