Re: multimonitor setup

Pini writes:

>I use two computers with two monitors.
Usually the old second computer is shut down and the two monitors are working with the newest computer ( model 2005 ) who have a graphic card that deal with the two monitors.<clipped>

>The main monitor (19") serve only the "new" computer while the other (17") one can be switched between the two computers by double click on "Scroll Lock" button on the keyboard via a small "Edimax" device. ( This is a quite cheap devise )

that sounds like a KVM switch.

>When the second monitor serve the second computer than the mouse and keyboard also serve this computer.

it sounds like you and I have a similar setup .. I use my big monitor for my main screen/switching screen, the 19" as the secondary on the main PC so I can always see emails coming in, irrespective of what computer I'm using at the time - and I only have one keyboard/mouse between about 6 computers (and the xbmc ;)

 the suggestion I sent though was really for those who don't have dual head video cards or KVM's - like someone who might want to use their laptop as a second monitor from time to time, or who have an old low-end laptop lying about and want to use the LCD as a permanent second screen - or maybe setup a demonstration across 2 screens temporarily in a mixed computer environment (say a classroom) - of course this demands both computers be running!

Robert's suggested a similar piece of software, good to know - for if one doesn't suit someones needs, the other might :)

Regards

Karl