Re: more DIY

A latching relay is simple to make. Select a relay with one contact set (at least) that makes contact, when the relay operates, before the other side breaks contact; ie. a make-break contact set. The power/voltage to trigger the relay, after the light sensor was triggered, could go through the break contacts, and the power/voltage to hold the relay operated would go through the make contacts. I'd suggest a second, momentary relay to be triggered to reset the circuit to the original state.

Stephen