RE: more DIY

Karl,

Thanks for all your stimulating info.
Laser range finders for golf, etc. tend to be pricey for my needs. Also
they can be about the size of a small camera. I could carry an old
miniature 35! Should have thought of that!

The laser remote switch for a flash would be momentary - I'd need a
latching relay to keep the circuit closed, which might be do-able. It's
to turn a motor on and off.

The mercury switch level looks promising. I'd like it to chirp but an
LED might be better since I'd have my eye on the camera and ambient
noise can mask the sound. I've noticed that with digicam intervalometer
feature. I'm thinking two mercury switches cross-wise so that both would
have to be closed to complete the circuit.

You know, with all the bells and whistles the marketing people dream up
to add to digicams, you'd think a level would be a nice extra feature
and probably only require a software hack somewhere in the area of the H
to V viewfinder conversion. Might as well add a distance read-out too.

AZ

Build a 120/35mm Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book.
Now an E-book.