Re: A challenge

2008/10/11 Mark Blackwell <mblackwell1958@xxxxxxxxx>
Well I would want more information before I even began to consider this project.  First is how many surfers are involved??  You said till sunlight ends as the end of the competition, is the winners presentation done after dark?  Is a boat available for you to get in the water and get close?

Usually about 50 surfers, the event is made of 4 surfer "heats", only 2 surfers survive each heat, and that until the 1/4 finals, 1/2 finals, and then the last 4 surfer final.

This usually takes 4 days, i only photograph the last 2 days. The most important part is usually on the last day, but the best waves (and photos) can be anytime, so you got to be on your guard and spot the best surfer even in the first day.
The winners presentation is made after the final match (sometimes it's pitch dark on the beach).
No boat, and no underwater camera were available

What happens if you get sick?

I have to do the job, there is no one else.