Re: A challenge

Mario Pires writes:

> On the debate issue, i have a challenge to pose you all.
>
> This is a situation that i faced in the past, and  i solved it .

you did well to solve this one - I hope they paid you HEAPS!

:)

> But i would like to know how would you handle the situation if you came
> across it.
>
> The Client:  Sport event organizer
> The Event: National Surf Competition
> The Timetable: A weekend a month (February trough September) Start of the
> event: 08:00 AM - End (until sunlight ends, or 8:00 PM)
> The Location: Several beaches on the country coast
> The Brief: You have to get photos of: Beach, Contestants, Surf action (Very
> important) , Public, Winners, Promotional material on the event location.
> Every surfer photographed should be with the sponsor logos visible.
> The surfers should be photographed when they are entering the water, when
> leaving the water. Staff should also be photographed, specially the jury.
> The Material available:
> -1 SLR Camera
> - 28 mm 2.8
> - 50 mm 1.4
> - 60-300 4.5-5.6
> - 1 light tripod
>

> What would you do ?
> Is this enough ?
> Remember that on some surf spots the surfer are way out in the water.

I've done a small amount, but a 500mm lens for beach shots was quickly exchanged for a 1000mm, and in the days when I swam a lot, I used a disposable camera made watertight for the in-water shots.  Later I got a Nikonos, but I never actually did any shooting with it and later sold it to a friend.

sounds like you're a pretty versatile photographer.  I don't think I could have pulled it off by myself

karl