From: "Trevor Cunningham" <tr_cunningham@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, October 9, 2008 3:41:26 AM (GMT-0500) America/New_York
Subject: Re: Gallery?

I can respect both points of view here.  On the one hand, Shyrell indicates that singling out an image isn't exactly consistent with the concept of community, and some might feel slighted (though, there's been a couple gallery reviews I would have preferred to have been left out of!).  On the other, Robert has every right to provide thoughtful comment on any number of images, and he certainly shouldn't have to defend a positive contribution to this forum that we could all benefit from.

From a pragmatist's perspective, for the professional, if your image isn't recognized by others, perhaps this is an opportunity for reflection.  As a former radio dj, there is no louder message than dead air.

 "somewhere between zero and one...everything else is exaggeration" - Anonymous