Re: A need a secretary for all these files!

At 11:48 PM -0400 10/1/08, rebphoto wrote:
From: "Emily L. Ferguson" <elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

You can't stop them on the 10D. Adobe Bridge allows you to see the .crw files and ignores the thumbs. When you fill in File Info, you get yet another associated file, and .xlm file. It's designed to allow you to build an excel spreadsheet of all your File Info.

This is why I only shot raw with my 10d a few times.
The thm files were a pain in the butt!

How do they bother you? I never found them to be connected to any process I did when I had 10Ds.

I just left them alone. RAW was way too valuable a format to let a little 4K file bother me.

I believe they are embedded in your big file, so I really wouldn't recommend you trash them.

If you use Bridge, or some other browser they are ignored anyway.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx