Re: Gallery of 9/13/08

http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html

Fred Hecker, The Open Door
Interesting. I can't help but wonder at the contrast of the soft reflections on the wall vs. the harshness of the door. An interesting textural juxtapose.

Jim Snarski, Glacier National Park.
This image strikes me. The clouds are very lovely and impressive in how heavy they are. The bright red floater ball distracts me but I really love the peacefulness of the platform next to it.

Lara Ashby, My Garden Where I Live
What are you trying to say here? The tilt of the horizon line doesn't work for me though it might were it not for the statue.

Marilyn Dalrymple, rs in my office and am often distracted by the shadows of light and dark that they cast. I like the colors of this image and the lines of the shadows but something about the cropping doesn't work for me. I think it's that dark top left corner that's bugging my eye.

Dan Michell, Eye-level
I really like this image quite a lot. I like the way the color green leads across from the left and carries all the way to the right. It's bright and sharp and crisp and those clouds are lovely. Well composed and captured.

Bob McCulloch, Boots
This has the potential to be a good image but for me the chain distracts on the top and the rocks distract on the bottom. Getting closer and down lower might have helped.

Emily L. Ferguson, Niagara Falls - postcard shot
I had to look at this image several times to figure out what I was seeing...at first I thought it was a composition of several images and it confused me. The boat at the bottom of this image really draws my ey Perhaps dropping to your knees for a lower view would have taken the boat out completely (hidden it with the trees) and cleaned up the elements a bit. I love the rainbow and the bridge way off yonder.

Lea Murphy, Elaina, wedding day
Emily had some very interesting observations about this image and I was amazed at what she could draw out of it...closer than you might realize. Her suggestion to crop tighter and remove much of the cleavage was a good one...when I did that the image was immediately stronger.

Nice gallery this week.

Lea

babies. they're what i do.