Re: PF exhibit on 09 13 08

Thanks, Emily, for your encouraging words - and also to Don & David. It's been interesting how hard it seems to be to read that image: It's a pretty fair representation to what that door actually looked like - no significant alteration except noise reduction. The door surface was very glossy black enamel over a lightly pebbled metal surface; the colors are reflections of lights inside. The outside wall was some kind of silvery metal sheeting that reflected the traffic light and street lamp very well, and the street lamp (that burned out white blob just above the door is its reflection) was very close to the leaves of the trees on the sidewalk, so the leaf shadows were quite crisp against the shiny metal.. It's the back doorway of a bar of the outer edge of the Chelsea gallery scene, and I came across it after going to some gallery openings earlier in the evening. Wonderful evening - warm & comfortable, lots of people out wandering in the evening.

May the light be right,
Fred