From: Hans Klemmer [mailto:hansklemmer@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, September 14, 2008 03:03 PM
To: 'List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students'
Subject: Medium format digital

Friends, I'm looking to move from my 4x5 camera to a medium format digital system and am weighing the merits of Hasselblad vs. Mamiya and their new digital cameras vs. putting a Leaf back onto one of the older film style cameras (Hasselblad 501 or 503, or Mamiya RZ67). Has anyone in the group experience or opinions on either of these? I'm wondering about sensor size in respect to the internal image projection size, lenses made for digital imaging vs. those for film, costs of the cameras as well as parts availability (lenses and such). Predominantly, I'm an outdoor shooter currently working on a project of documenting dolmens and stone circles in Northern Ireland (currently on sabbatical from my college near Chicago). I'd love to hear you all weigh in before I go out and make a wrong choice. Thanks in advance, Hans