Re: Andy - stop-motion photos

Andy writes:

I am debating ... still debating ... doing the same
thing that Karl suggests and that is to alter the
front end of a digital camera (in my case the original
digital rebel) by disabling the auto-everything
connectors and installing an FD body flange ...

As you know I already buggered up the back end of a
couple of FD lenses so they fit on an EF or EOS body.
But this in a way is too much work and easily subject to
failure. OTOH I have now a VERY nice 135 f/2 Canon lens.
Now got to use it more!

uh-huh.. I know that feeling :)

Even if I have to install a servo to maintain full diaphragm focussing and actuate the lenses on firing, I figure it'd be much nicer than mangling good FD mounts - especially as I still use film!  .. and for me, as always, the lenses are more important than the camera  =)

- and there's only 2mm to dispose of!

Rich wrote:
Maybe you could use an adapter without having to butcher the camera:
http://www.bobatkins.com/photography/eosfaq/manual_focus_EOS.html

thanks for that Rich - I've thought about this, but it really doesn't fit the bill on a couple of counts.  extra glass in the mount is a deterent both for the additional surfaces in the light path and also for the dioptre effect.

it's a nice way around things for some who I am sure would find it handy though.

karl