From: Bob <w8imo@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Trying to resucitate old scanner
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sunday, September 7, 2008, 5:11 PM
I have to agree.  My old IBM flatbed drivers were for W95.
I bought a
Canon 4400F that is a flatbed that scans negs and slide
too.   From the
Canon website - Max. Resolutions  Optical: 4800 x 9600 dpi

Interpolated: 19,200 x 19,200 dpi

 Software that came with it allows my wife to scan a
document and get
.pdf files. The interface is USB 2.0

 It cost $105 with sales tax in Ohio.

Bob

Chris wrote:

Scanners are now so cheap and high quality that it is

scarcely worth

bothering with the old one.

Chris