Re: Trying to resucitate old scanner

Well I don't disagree that keeping a scanner working might be the best option.   I am seriously considering Vuescan for my Minolta Scan Elite 5400, but checking the specs for the current flatbeds, I may just get new.  The Dmax is so much better now for the flatbeds than it was back in the day, for me it isn't that much of a difference.  The scanners I have my eye on I can set up a whole roll of film and start it running and do something else.  With the Minolta its 6 at a time max and with slides its 4.