RE: Film/Slide Scanner

Agreed Emily, but if you are doing it as an archive project that post processing does not absolutely have to be done till you are ready to use the image.  More importantly you don't necessarily have to do it on all of them.  You can have a scan that is perfectly usable that you can use to select the ones you do want to do the post processing on and then spend the time on only those.  The others can be post processed at any time later.

Many you may not want to mess with right now, and maybe never.  Yet who knows what can be important down the road.  You just never know.  A routine photo taken years before it was successful because it wasn't important till later.  It also likely was HIGHLY profitable for the photographer, but an ordinary photo of the president hugging a young woman in a receiving line happens all the time.  It would have been easy to toss the photo of President Clinton hugging Monica.  The boring photo to you of your home may be gold for your great grandchildren.  Let them do the post processing. lol

Now having everything digital opens the door for many ways to save things.  Memory is cheap enough now that storage isn't nearly the expense it once was.  Still there are a lot of ways to look at things.

In my project if there are 100 I want to post process now, I'll be surprised.  Yet they are there on the disk at my whim from now on.