Re: PF exhibit page on AUG 30, 2008

Chris,

Andrew Davidhazy - I doubt if the girl will get what she expects, I suggest you also provide her with a straight shot.

But she bid on getting a photograph like this one ... or in this style. That
is what was advertised on the televised auction. The straight image has her
on a black background and it looks quite overexposed ... this characteristic
is what helps make the reversal of some tones possible. Especially the black
velvet background that she is lying on.

In case this may be of interest I placed a "value" of $250 for the session
and one 11x14 print - she bid $75 and was the high bidder. She was
actually happy that the print did not bear a very realistic likeness to her
as she was concerned about where she would be displaying the photograph.
As is it is it is not immediately apparent that it is her. BTW, the "thing"
on her stomach is a tattoo.

I think that in some cases the more "exotic" looking the image the more the
"customer" likes it. I wonder how Picasso's models felt about the cubist
representations he made of them! :)

andy