Re: [SPAM] Re:Digital cameras in the Sun (was I have a favor to ask.)

A "cooler" that will hold your gear should protect it.  And would be thieves probably would not give a cooler a second thought.

If you're traveling and have a rental car you can usually pick up an inexpensive styrofoam 'cooler' at a Wal*Mart or someplace and either leave it with the car when returning it or dispose of it some other way.

"Been there, done that, got the pictures of Searchlight, Nevada".

Bob

PhotoRoy6@xxxxxxx wrote:
Sounds like one should put the camera in the ice chest when one stops to have a meal.
I once had a solar powered fan that fit in a partially closed window but it was too weak to be of much use. A solar panel on a car that would let you leave the ac running while one ate seem like a good idea.
Roy