Re: [SPAM] Re:Digital cameras in the Sun (was I have a favor to ask.)

It is and not just for digicams. This was true waaaay back in the film days too. If I remember correctly, heat is allegedly one of the reasons Canon L lenses 200mm and longer are white.

It's a part of the electronics camera world now too. A lot of logic* doesn't like to work when overheated. So now we have the hot lens issue and the hot camera issue.

Many years ago when we got the first PDAs at work, a Motorola KDT nnn, I left mine in my car when I went into an account. It was in the sun and when I came back to the car the thing wouldn't work, even the CRT display was dead. The account was close to home so I went home and put it in the freezer for a while. That brought it back to life.

*Logic, a computer term for electronic circuitry.

Bob

lookaround360@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Guys,

I heard that it is the lenses, adhesives, etc. in D-cams that suffer
most in a hot car.

AZ

--
                          /////