Re: [SPAM] RE: funeral

Bob wrote:
Well Howard it all boils down to what every individual likes and/or needs..

Very much. Personal taste is totally triumphant in hobby and art work particularly.

I worked for IBM for forty years, you oder I installed, or, you broke I fixed, and I had an aversion to sitting in front of a computer for relaxation. So I enjoyed shooting and processing film. That all ended two years and eight days ago and now I don't mind the computer as much.

I've been in the computer business (software) about 39 years so far (started 16-Oct-1969), and I still find sitting in front of my computer one of the more amusing and relaxing things to do. Which is back to that personal taste thing.

I started scanning film and playing with digital printing in the mid 1990s, got my first DSLR in 2002 (just barely).

I don't live in the UK. I never was much of a beer drinker because I didn't like it much. Then one day I came across a Bass Ale. I liked it and enjoy it every now and then. If I ever get to the UK we'll chat and see what happens. The same if you ever get to the US and anywhere near Ohio.....

When I'm in the UK, I mostly drink cider (some of which I can now get here, too, which is nice).

While I try to keep to civilized behavior even if tempted, it's easier because I'm *not* tempted so far this round :-). Personal taste really *is* a key factor in making decisions like film vs. digital, and while I'm sometimes startled by people's preferences, it's always interesting to explore them. And nobody else has been working at lowering the level of discussion.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info