Re: Equipment choice questions

This probably won't help your film vs digital dilemma but.....

I have decided on a 40D and was almost ready to buy it when my i950 gave up and I bought a Pro 9000 thus reducing the 40D funds.

I chose the 40D over the 5D because the 40D is about 1 year old and the 5D is about 3 years old.  To me this means the 40D is more up to date electronically with the Digic III image processor vs the 5D with the Digic II image processor.  There are other features too.  Since my reason for buying a new body is based on Want rather than Need and my 20D is still good I can wait.  (I sure miss the 'extra comp checks' I used to get every week before retiring from Big Blue)

All three DSLRs you mention have come down in price the las few weeks.

I was told that when one of the New York mail order houses, B&H, has used gear listed as condition 10 it is usually part of the Canon sales reps' sample case turn around which they do periodically.  They are checked out buy Canon and sold as used.

Have fun deciding.....

Bob

Mark Blackwell wrote:
Well in light of the recent discussion on film vs digital I am about to begin to consider an equipment choice.

Film technology I think is safe to assume has peaked.  I don't think Canon or Nikon will likely be developing any more film cameras.  I am a Canon guy.

I can buy one piece of equipment and need a body.  The choice is a used absolute top of the line Canon EOS 1V that should remain so the rest of my life or the digital body.  I am using now an EOS 1 and a Canon 10D.  If I had my choice Id get the 40d or 5D with the digital bodies, but budget may limit me to a digital rebel which is about the same price as the 1V.

Ah the decisions.

--
                           /////
                          ( O O )