Re: Yep...it's always money!

I am not certain what Kinkos is offering........

I use an Epson 2400 I don't out source any thing
I can't print myself.  For larger sizes I have had
very good success with Mpix.

I ask for $25.00 as a sitting fee.

Basic 8x10 prints is $10.00.

Yep I am not charging enough............

I work mostly with local Theatre people.

I do occasionally do some portrait work,
I have been known to shoot a wedding.

I am looking to enlarge my business.

There is a rather large amount of theatre companies
in the general area.  Although I am going to offer other
services.  Yes I do need a Web Site.

Yes I do encourage them to have me do their prints.

And most every one tells me my work is excellent
and most of my business comes through word
of mouth.

I know why I am up this late.................
(cleaning my office................)

I didn't expect a reply until morning!

My girl friend can't understand why I like to be up all night.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Emily L. Ferguson" <elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2008 2:18 AM
Subject: Re: Yep...it's always money!

Interesting. Kinko's makes b&w glossies? Or are they handing out laserprints?

Wow.  If they're handing out laserprints things have really gone downhill.

Well, who else in town is doing similar work and are they trying to make a living at it, or doing HS and family portraits and not interested in amateur theater?

Are you getting your own prints done professionally or printing them on a desktop inkjet printer or Wally/CVS type place?

What percentage are you marking up the prints you make yourself? How does that compare with the local family portrait/HS senior shooter, the local little league shooter, the local paper reprints?

Do you want to encourage them to come to you for prints?
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx